Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Blessings


Where do I begin? At this moment a chorus simply just popped into my head. It says:

♪♫♪
My God is so great,
So strong and so mighty
there's nothing my God cannot do
My God is so great,
so strong and so mighty,
there's nothing my God cannot do.
The mountains are his,
the rivers are his,
the stars are His handiwork, too.
My God is so great,
so strong and so mighty,
there's nothing my God cannot do, for you!
♪♫♪

I know this is seen as a children's song, but it rings true even as 20 year old! My God hasn't changed!

 I can't help but think how gracious and good my God is when He shows me each and everyday how He cares for me! Yes, my God is strong and mighty, but He is also loving, kind, and giving. He gives me what I need, and sometimes if it pleases Him, He throws in what I want just because He can! I have so much to be thankful for and I would like to expound on that this morning!

My heart is full this morning. Full of gladness and thankfulness.

♪♫
I have been blessed!
God's so good to me!
Blessed are His thoughts of you and me.
No way I could count them there's not enough time,
so I'll just thank Him for being so kind.
God has been good, so good.
I have been blessed!
 ♪♫

I am thankful God has given me a song a bunch of good godly songs! I don't struggle in my mind as much as I used to with music. Yes, every now and then some old song will bring me back, having me remember my time in bitterness and self pity, my time of selfishness, but (thank God there's a "but"!) He brought me out of all of that! I can think on that worldly music in sorrow for lost time, or I can praise God for deliverance from myself and my sin! Praise His dear lovely name! 

Thank the LORD for family! Though we don't always see eye to eye or understand one another, we love each other and that is priceless! I could not have picked a better family for myself! My family is amazing! Yes, we are human. We make mistakes, we get under each other's skin! We yell and have "discussions", but we care for each other and I know if I needed them they would be right there! They are anyway! lol! In all seriousness, we have been through a lot together. We have laughed together, cried together, been angry together, and plain silly together! We are all a part of each other. I honestly don't know what I would do without them, and I hate that saying! lol! But I truly mean it! They have always been right there real close (sometimes too close!) Yet I find my family to be one of the biggest blessings ever given to me!  

Speaking of family I am also very blessed to have the church family that I have! The LORD reminds of that quite a bit these days! Yesterday for example, the fourth of July. A family from church hosted a party and being the introvert that I am, I must say I was quite intimidated when pulling up to a packed house! The time flew so by so quickly I didn't want to leave, even after being there for 4-5 hours! The games were fun! It was nice to fellowship outside of church and simply sit back and enjoy good company. The fireworks were cut short because of the rain, but they were beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed them! My highlight of the entire evening though, was the singing! Oh the sweet joy that comes from praising the LORD with friends! especially when it is voluntary! We sang old hymns accompanied by two guitars. Lifted our voices to God until there wasn't much voice left to give. It wasn't perfect, but it was still and beautiful sight and sound. I know our Father savored that sweet moment of praise!

I also am thankful for our independence! If I only knew how hard it would be to serve the LORD without that, I believe I would be even more thankful! Many people may believe we are losing that independence to serve the LORD publicly, and they may be right, but don't be discouraged by that! Be encouraged and motivated to work harder and faster for our LORD! I know I could do better! I am thankful that we can freely come together to worship the King of kings and praise and share all that He has done with others!

His voice still speaks to me! My heart stops as I hear that still small voice gently calling me. As His hand steadily works on my heart, changing my desires and my plans I notice that I hear Him all the more, peacefully comforting me, and guiding me on to what He would have me do next.
A bit of a story for you: Sunday night, during the invitation, I was praying. My pastor asked us to ask the Lord what allies we had in our lives. To ask what and if something was hindering us in our walk Him. So I did. I asked the LORD,
"Is there anything I need to give to You God?"
I had already given Him my music, my movies, my heart, my plans, what else was there? Was my thought.
"God is there something that is too important to me that I need to give to You?
"Your time." 
"My time?" 
"I want your time Sarah. It is too important to you. Give Me your time. That is all I ask." 
At this I felt crushed, shocked even! God has to ask me for my time? That is backwards and wrong! I should be begging God to spend time with me! Not the other way around! I have been spending my time on vain things, and so much so the Lord has to ask me to spend some time with Him. I know I'm being a bit repetitive but that shocked me! I can't explain it. I am just amazed that God cares so much for me, He will even come down and whisper to my heart a simple "Come." But oh how sweet when He does!
I have been struggling with some things and the LORD also keeps reminding me, "I'm right here. You can talk to Me. I'll listen." I was thinking on some of these things last night as we were singing and my mind started to wander, then I shook loose of those thoughts to get back into the singing, then we started singing "What a Friend we have in Jesus". I prayed in my heart, "oh my God I know. I 'm sorry I worry so. It's yours." I didn't think much else about it until God decided to remind me later that night as I was pondering on some of those questions again. We were outside getting ready to watch the fireworks and the Lord stuck that tune in a man's head as he stood beside me waiting, he whistled that song. Now I don't know about you guys, but I do not believe in coincidences. That gentleman could have thought of any song we sang earlier, we sang quite a handful! But I believe my Father placed that song in his heart, to speak to me and remind me, 
   
♪♫♪
What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.
♪♫♪

He is so giving and I don't know why it always amazes me but it does! He blesses me with things I don't deserve. I don't deserve anything from Him, He owes me absolutely nothing, and yet He continues to shower me with blessings and I am so thankful! I am thankful God continues to bless me not only in the small things but the big things as well! He takes care of my every need! His timing is perfect as well! He gives and gives and gives, and what do I do? I say thank you and move on as we all do. Yes, I'm thankful for all He has done and continues to do for me, but are the words "thank you" ever truly enough? I don't think so. Not for my God, not for my King! He deserves something in return! If that be my music, take it oh LORD, take it! If that be my TV, You can have it, Oh my God! If that be my plans, they are Yours Father! If it be my heart, mold it as you may, my great Physician! If it be my time? Well, time is a big thing to ask for! But. Who gave me this time? Who knows how much time I actually have? My Creator, my God. Is my God not worthy? I am not. That I know! So take it dear Lord God! Take it and splurge on Yourself! It's Yours to spend! I know this is easier said than done, but making this commitment does not mean I will be in my prayer closet and reading my bible nonstop. God has other ways He wants to use our time too! How about witnessing? Encouraging a fellow brother or sister in Christ? Faithfulness to church? Being a blessing in even small ways, can make a big impact on others. Bragging on God and his blessings can maybe (hopefully) encourage others to keep up the fight. That is what I hope this post will do for my readers: Encourage, and remind you God has been too good to us to not give Him our all! Believe me, I am speaking to myself here! Big time! ( No pun intended☺) I hope you are encouraged and motivated to give the Lord your all, to do as He asks even if you don't understand!  

I feel as if there is so much more I could say, so many more blessings to count, but there truly isn't enough time to name them all! I encourage you to count your blessings as well, even if only a handful. Last night at the party, I saw a sign hanging on the wall as we were singing that read: "There is always, always, always, something to be thankful for." That is true! Even when times are tough! Be thankful! Thank you LORD for everything!

Thank you for reading! Until next week! :) 

Simply,
       Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment